- I love Spain. Honestly, I need to get back as soon as is humanly possible. Unfortunately, I just checked my credit card balance which is not exactly helping to facilitate this return trip.
- I have a newfound appreciation for traveling solo. Definitely would love to do that again. It’s all about the adventure and sense of accomplishment. Picked up a book about women traveling solo which is only egging me on.
- Someone suggested I move to Spain, in complete honesty. Oddly enough, I’m actually considering it. Don’t be surprised if I take off for a few months or years. There is just so much to see out there and do outside of the stuffy, lack of siesta and vacation time U.S.A. I’m thinking either I’ll quit my job and start some sort of journalism career which would be 100% amazing, OR I will attempt to do a detail through my current job overseas. Yes, you are welcome to visit.
- I want to be fluent in Spanish. This paired with my love for the country and the people of Spain is why I’ve designated the country as my chosen destination. Lucky Spaniards.
- Been hitting up all the tapas restaurants around the city with the boys because we just can’t get enough of Spain. Sampled the vino de rioja y chorizo at the likes of Jaleo and now Estadio on 14th. Estadio is definitely my new favorite bar. Sure, the Spanish bartender is hot which could have added to its appeal, even though we honestly couldn’t tell if he was interested in me or my guy friend, or both. Also, Estadio has Vermouth! Patatas bravas (spicy fried potatoes), sangria, tinto de verano (white wine with sprite – an infamous Spanish concoction), manchego! Shockingly, the drinks and food were very similar to what I tasted in Spain. Very impressive DC.
- My new apartment is amazing. Why in the world was I doubting my decision to move? I guess minus that huge bug I saw scurrying across the floor last night. That was gross.
- On that note, I’ve decided to altogether do away with my poor decision making skills. I drive myself and others insane with my indecision. There is really no need for it. I do not doubt my decisions in the work setting, so why in the world would I doubt them in real life? Be prepared for a new and improved Sara…coming soon to a theatre near you.
- Just have to report about that last guy I went out with from eharmony, noted in my last post. Sure, you can be a doctor and pretty decent looking. But #1 – he easily could have been gay. #2 – he didn’t know what DCist or Prince of Petworth were. Living in DC, this is incomprehensible to me. #3 – he hadn’t heard about the two recent murders in the U Street area, and he lives in Adams Morgan. #4 – he is very anti-blog and anti-facebook. We won’t even go into my love for facebook because that goes without saying, but if you are anti-blog and I actually write a blog, something tells me we are far too different to ever materialize into anything. You win some, you lose some.
- Still no sign of Mr. mid-September. However, I’ve been straightening my hair recently, and I’m not sure if that is what has done it, but I’ve been getting a ton of attention from the male species. Which is interesting because I’m certainly not giving off any pheromones. Goodbye eharmony, hello meeting people in real life. Mr. mid-October?
- Back to Spain: a friend has been teaching me all about club soccer overseas. Well really it’s club soccer everywhere but the U.S. We’ll call it football to be precise. I’ve decided to take on FC Barcelona as my futbol team en la Liga, which is the Spanish club football league. I mean, I did buy FOUR Barca scarves and I never even made it to Barcelona. VIVA VISCA BARCELONA (p.s. they are beating Ceuta right now 2-0).
- For all you non-friends in real life who haven’t already seen my collection of pics on facebook, I will try to upload some pics from my trip soon for your viewing pleasure.
In conclusion, the resounding message of this post is to travel early and often. And travel to Spain because it’s amazing. You will not regret it.